Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No Excuses

I know I'm a little late with New Years Resolution post, but I figured it would give me some time to see how I'd do with my New Years Resolutions. I often don't make a resolution, or if I do, something fairly easy, like work out more.

Since I would like to forget 2008 for the rest of my life, I know 2009 is going to be the most phenomenal year. Have I mentioned this yet? Well it is. Enough said.

For my resolution this year, I wanted to concentrate on 2 things. Getting back in shape, and getting rid of those negative things in my life...or things which bring me down. My first resolution has been to get rid of the clutter in my life. This is all encompassing, but what a great resolution is has been for me...and even fun! First, I've cleaned up our tivo and got rid of tv shows that I should not be watching, or shows that put me in a place I don't want to be. I'm still watching tv, but cutting down on the tv watching is forcing me to read more, play with Bailey more, or work on projects. I have gone through our condo and gotten rid of trinkets and chochskies. Getting rid of useless things, and even things I was just getting tired of looking at, like candle holders, etc. I've been cleaning out drawers, and cabinets. It feels great. And it's on-going. I also think it looks nicer just having that cleaner feeling.

My second resolution is tougher I am finding. It's to stop making excuses. I encourage you to take a day and see how often you make excuses. Excuses for not going to the gym (work late/tired), excuse for not eating healthy (I will start tomorrow), excuse for gaining weight (infertility treatments). I often make all those excuses, and I am tired of listening to myself. I am tired of feeling out of shape because of the "infertility treatments." Or making any excuse under the sky to avoid the gym. Or even smaller things. Not calling a friend (I'm not a phone person), or not meeting friends out for drinks (I usually say I don't go out on Fridays). I've been at the gym 2 days this week, and signed up for a mini-indoor triathlon in February. It's still tough though, I think I made some new cuss words as I trudged to the gym yesterday. It was the last place I wanted to be...but I did it.

2009 has been about taking back ownership of my life. Enough with the excuses of infertility...yes, it sucks more than anything, but I am tired of using that as an excuse for everything in my life. This month I have 2 new IVF doctor appointments and a meeting for adoption at the end of the month. Something's going to happen, and it feels good.

I'm back, and taking my life back. No more clutter, no more excuses.

1 comment:

  1. YUPPEE! I think out of all the new years resolution posts I have read this one got me the most pumped up! I love that you are cleaning out everything! It is such a good feeling! the excuses thing is soooo awesome! I am super sucky at that too! haha you have inspired me to give it a try!

    I have a feeling about this year to Joelle! I really think it is going to be awesome for so many people!!! And definatly for you!

    ReplyDelete